Damaged heels, further identified as heel cracks, are a beauty problem that impacts your feet’s external layer of skin. This happens whenever the epidermis on your feet has become dry, challenging, and blotchy, occasionally resulting in wounds or scratches. This can result in significant physical discomfort, irritation, and pain, and based on the severity of the crack initiation, it may reveal you to numerous sorts of infections.
You may like this also:
Continue reading to learn how else to start caring for your feet instinctually. Learn what provokes those and learn how to avoid them from happening again. Because broken heels can increase your risk of serious diseases, particularly if you are insulin resistant or immunocompromised, you must always speak with your doctor before initiating any remedy.
Causes Of Cracked Heels? What Causes Cracked Heels?
Cracked heels occur whenever the tissue all over your heels splits to accommodate the overall force on your fingers. For example, walking throughout the day can put a great deal of strain on the feet, causing heels prone to breakage. The likelihood of its emergence rises:
- If somehow the skin on the back of your feet is patchy and dry.
- If you wear socks all day long.
- If proper hygiene is not maintained.
- If you wear high heels with no backs (enhancing friction in the feet)If a scar tissue surface (recognized as a ‘callouses’) has formed
There seem to be some additional reasons as well. For example, inadequately-fit shoes can contribute to chapped, itchy skin cracking by reducing drying stages. Cracked feet can also be linked to medical situations such as staph diseases, insulin resistance, skin problems, overeating, and psoriatic arthritis.
5 Best Essential Oils For Cracked Heels
1. Peppermint Essential Oil
Omega-3 fatty acids found in peppermint oil feed your skin when consumed or used directly to the skin. Menthol, another component of peppermint oil, can soothe and calm itchy skin. Because of its capacity to nurture the body and recover the appearance of the skin, peppermint is a frequently used natural substance in foot lotions. Additionally, it has potent antibacterial effects.
You can easily apply this oil to dry feet and fractures. It has a significant number of oxidants in it, giving you smooth skin. This essential oil can be added to your foot hot bath to give you fragrant, silky-soft legs.
2. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender has antimicrobial and medicinal qualities, and it is frequently utilized to treat skin problems, eczema, and burns. It is renowned to hasten the recovery of injuries and cuts. Lavender essential oil is a comforting oil, and it is among the natural treatments for broken feet. It appears to work well when combined with massage oil and applied shortly before bedtime, allowing the oil to work at night.
Peripherally, it has anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, and restorative qualities. Use five droplets in a hot shower to heal your full body and relax with essential oils. Just a few droplets of volatile oils can be added to your favorite moisturizing lotion. At nap time, gently rub your toes and wrap them with ankle socks.
3. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Who doesn’t knows about the Holy-grail essential oil, Tea tree? Tea tree essential oil is a power-packed essential oil for cracked heels. It has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties that fight against bacteria-causing germs. It also keeps skin problems at bay and restores your skin health. The antifungal properties of tea tree essential oil for cracked heels eliminate the dead layers of the skin from your sole and recovers your dry and cracked feet.
This is the reason why several beauty products, lotions, and creams have tea tree essential oil in them. Tea tree essential oil is truly a winner and keeps your skin soft, smooth, and nourished all day long.
4. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Everyone knows about eucalyptus essential oil because of its gorgeous and amazingly working characteristics for your skin. No wonder eucalyptus essential oil is also added to various beauty, cosmetic and medicinal ointments and lotions. If you are a walking person and suffering from sore feet and cracked heels then this one is for you.
You can simply mix it with a carrier oil and massage it on your feet and apply it overnight. Always make sure to dilute the best essential oils for cracked heels to diminish their potent effects. Eucalyptus essential oil promotes the healing process and soothes your skin while restoring the original skin. It is a multipurpose essential oil for cracked heels that works like a magic to cure dry feet.
5. Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is an anesthetic, disinfectant, antibacterial, and antioxidant. Not only does it aids in the healing of ruptured heels, but however it also aids in the avoidance of infections. Lemon essential oil heats the legs and freshens flaky skin whilst also increasing blood flow, which assists the body to restore on its own. This essential oil could assist you to make a full recovery from incredibly dry feet. It has antimicrobial effects as well as blister and wound repair attributes. It can aid in the removal of fractures and the balancing of your body. One of the effective methods for treating cracked feet is to apply lemon essential oil. Lemon essential oil is both gentle and moisturizing, making it ideal for warmer months if you do not wish to cope with the viscosity of other heavy crude oil!
DIY Essential Oils Recipes For Cracked Heels
Recipe 1 – Healing Ointment
- Your ordinary body lotion
- 2-3 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 1 drop of lemon essential oil
- In a bowl add body lotion. Use quantity according to your usage.
- Now add lavender essential oil and lemon essential oil to it.
- Mix it well with your finger or use a clean spoon.
- Now apply this healing ointment cum lotion on your cracked feet or dry patches.
- The patchy look will disappear after regular usage.
Recipe 2 – Foot Soak
- 1 cup bath salt
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 2tsp of coconut oil
- 1 pump shampoo (you can take any)
- Pumice stone, foot scrubber
- This recipe is a like a mini pedicure to heal cracked heels.
- In a bucket add water preferably hot water.
- Now add essential oils to it along with coconut oil.
- Now pump your favorite shampoo into it.
- Stir the mixture with your hands and then put your feet into it.
- Let it relax for 5-10 minutes and then take your foot out of the bucket.
- Now with the help of a pumice stone or foot scrubber, scrub the ends of your foot and scrape off the dead skin cells.
- Once you are done with this process, wash your legs and apply a moisturizing lotion.
Things To Keep In Mind While Using Essential Oils For Cracked Heels
- Essential oils are only for external use and should never be ingested.
- Store essential oils out of reach of children and store them apart from other products.
- Some essential oils can be fatal to pets and therefore always research before using them.
- Essential oils must ALWAYS be diluted before applying to the skin as they are highly concentrated as can cause irritation. You can dilute them with a carrier oil of your choice and, the max concentration of essential oils should be 3-4%.
- Always do a patch test before applying to larger areas of the skin.
- It is unclear what effects
- Always buy pure essential oils and stay away from fake counterparts as they won’t contain the same therapeutic benefits.
You may like this also:
The fats, vitamins and antioxidants in the essential oil help to nourish and restore parched and dry skin on your feet. Another advantage of this natural remedy is the fact that natural oils form a protective barrier over your surface, restricting the inflammatory reaction of the fissures.
Cracked heels are usually not a big problem. However, it is unappealing in a number of circumstances. As a result, if you want to cure ruptured heels instinctually, you can just use home remedies to ensure the most effective treatment and maintenance. If you want to get your hands on the best essential oils for cracked heels then opt for Moksha lifestyle pure essential oils in India. You can directly order the products from the website www.mokshalifestyle.com.