Coconut oil has been called the world’s most amazing skin cream. It’s rich in nutrients and helps nourish your skin, so it gets rid of dry, flaky patches. Unlike soap and other cleansers that strip away natural oils from the skin, coconut oil leaves your face with an incredible glow. It is also a powerful moisturizer and can help reduce acne breakouts due to its antibacterial properties. It also helps regulate the growth of unwanted hair in the pores and makes hair shiny and soft. Use it on your body too – for winter-weather dryness and dry elbows.
You may also like:
Coconut oil is great for removing makeup. It melts makeup and leaves your face feeling soft and moisturized as opposed to itchy and tight like soapy cleansers can do. It can remove everything from foundation to waterproof mascara without having to scrub hard or reapply makeup remover multiple times. Washing your face with coconut oil is safer than using a harsh soap.
Nine Benefits Of Coconut Oil:
1) Skin Care
It has been used for thousands of years to moisturize dry skin. Just as lard was used to render fat, coconut oil is a good substitute to replace the lost lard in deep moisturizing creams that wipe out healthy skin cells (called ceramides) making your face shiny. Coconut Oil is one of the few oils that can penetrate deep into your skin without clogging your skin pores because it is so closely related to natural lipids found in human skin.
2) Removing Makeup
It easily dissolves your makeup, even waterproof mascara. It makes your skin soft and silky after rinsing off and leaves no greasy residue.
3) Reducing Wrinkles
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which has antibacterial properties that help keep acne at bay. Unlike commercial products that contain harmful chemicals that can cause allergic reactions, it helps invigorate your skin cells and make them healthy. This, in turn, reduces signs of aging by keeping the skin exfoliated and plump.
4) Hair Care
Coconut oil is a rich source of antioxidants and it conditions hair from the roots to the tips. It also contains lauric acid, which has been known to help fight against dandruff.
5) Healthy Heart
Coconut Oil is a great cholesterol reducer and it will help curb your appetite. It also helps alleviate anxiety disorders and prevents heart disease through its antioxidant properties.
6) Skin Pigmentation
Coconut oil contains lauric acid which cures skin pigmentation problems. It will also stop the formation of stretch marks during pregnancy.
7) Weight Loss
It is one of the best fats to lose belly fat. Lauric acid in Coconut oil converts into monolaurin, a chemical that kills viruses, bacteria, and fungi. Monolaurin is also known as a medium-chain fatty acid (MCFA). MCFAs are easily digested and do not store body fat.
The MCTs in coconut oil can help balance your hormones, which can help with fertility issues. It also helps bind toxins from flushing out of your system too.
Coconut oil helps cure heartburn by preventing stomach acid from rising into the esophagus.
How To Use Coconut Oil To Remove Makeup?
Step 1: Using a cotton ball or a tissue, apply some coconut oil and it will work like magic. Just massage the coconut oil into your face for around two minutes and add some warm water and continue massaging. The makeup will start melting off and you can easily wipe it away with a warm, wet washcloth.
Step 2: Voila! You are all clean and your face feels smooth and supple.
Note: Coconut oil is for external use only, and should not be ingested. When you remove your makeup with coconut oil, wipe the excess off to keep it from getting into your eyes or mouth. It will not clog up your pores because it is a natural product and will not strip away the natural oils the way other makeup removers do. Use a washcloth to wipe away any excess makeup so that you don’t accidentally ingest any chemicals that may have been left behind on it after removing waterproof mascara or eyeliner. Do not apply coconut oil directly on open wounds, as it can cause them to become infected.
You may also like:
DIY Recipes Of Coconut Oil To Remove Makeup:
Recipe 1: For Removing Face Makeup
- 7 drops of coconut oil,
- 5 drops of jojoba oil,
- 1 teaspoon of baby oil, and
- a bit of tea tree essential oil.
- Combine the coconut with jojoba and baby oil in a small bowl.
- Add 5 drops of tea tree essential oil and add to another bowl.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and use as a makeup remover.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month or you can make a larger batch of this mixture and store it in the fridge for easier removal when needed.
Recipe 2: For Removing Eye Makeup
- Cover your eyelids with a cotton ball and then add all ingredients in a separate bowl. Massage all around your eyelids with gentle circular motions for at least 2 minutes. Then remove the makeup by using a washcloth soaked in the mixture.
- Do not rinse off immediately because your eyelid skin will naturally absorb the oil to make it more effective.
- Once you feel that it is dry enough to remove, dab it with another clean cotton ball dipped in baby oil to keep it from sticking to your lashes and pulling them out. Then, wash your face with cool water and pat dry naturally after.
Recipe 3: For Removing Body Makeup
- 15 drops of coconut oil,
- 5 drops of olive oil, and
- 3 drops of tulsi oil.
- Pour the mixture over about a third of your body and then stand in place for 2 minutes. You can even add essential oils to the mixture if you like or if you would like it to smell more like a massage oil.
- Remove by using baby shampoo or by wiping with a washcloth soaked in a mixture of coconut oil and water.
1) Is it safe to use coconut oil to remove eye makeup?
It is safe to use coconut oil to remove eye makeup. But you should take care that it shouldn’t get into our eyes, and if it accidentally does, you should flush the area with plenty of clean water.
2) If I use coconut oil to remove body makeup?
If you are allergic to coconut oil, after using it a few times make sure to take off all traces of makeup and wash your body. The coconut oil can last for about 2 weeks if it is kept in a sealed container. Coconut Oil can be used with water but it will be easier to wash off in case of any makeup residue. So, the easiest way is to apply some warm water on your face and then add some coconut oil afterward and rinse away the excess water with a gentle clean cloth.