Hirsutism is a type of irregular hair growth in women that usually starts during puberty and can persist through adulthood. This condition affects different types of hair, including facial hair, chest and abdominal hair, and pubic hair. Hirsutism is caused by the overproduction of hormones by the body and is common in women. Hirsutism, a common condition among women, has been associated with numerous health problems, which include: mood disorders, metabolic disorders, menstrual abnormalities, and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). The most effective treatment for hirsutism is to take a daily oral supplement with essential oils that are known for their beneficial effects on hormonal imbalances.
You may also like:
Many studies show that there are many benefits of using essential oils to treat hirsutism; however, it is important to note that not all oils are suitable for every individual. As you will read in the following paragraphs, there are many natural treatments to fight hirsutism. Among these treatments essential oils stand out as an excellent alternative to chemical-based products.
Best Essential Oils For Hirsutism:
1) Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree essential oil is a great natural remedy for many types of skin conditions, including acne, eczema, and athlete’s foot. Besides, it is an effective antiseptic for wounds and skin lesions. Tea tree oil can be used as a hair tonic and works to control the excessive growth of hair – a condition known as hirsutism.
2) Sandalwood Essential Oil
This essential oil has so many benefits that it is used by women in different aspects of their lives because of its amazing properties. The suggested application in the treatment of hirsutism is to apply four drops of sandalwood essential oil daily on the affected areas. You will see good results within a month.
3) White Thyme Essential Oil
White thyme essential oil has antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant properties which makes it an effective remedy against infections and diseases. This oil is used in many skin care products and is also an excellent hair tonic. It can be applied to the scalp to stimulate hair growth, reduce dandruff and prevent alopecia or baldness.
4) Basil Essential Oil
The suggested application of basil essential oil is to apply three drops to the affected areas, as a topical treatment for hirsutism. It will help reduce excessive hair growth, dandruff, and scalp infections. In addition to this, it can be used for treating skin infections and generally reduces inflammation in the body due to its antiseptic properties. Basil essential oil is one of the top 10 essential oils that are known as “hirsute oils.”
5) Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties and works to boost your immune system. Combined with the other oils in this article, it is an excellent remedy for improving the appearance and health of the hair, skin, and scalp. It also reduces hair loss and improves blood circulation to the scalp to improve hair growth.
6) Clary Sage Essential Oil
This essential oil is a natural remedy for depressive disorders. It has also been associated with many mental and physical health benefits, such as regulating brain function. Clary sage essential oil is used to treat inflammation associated with arthritis, rheumatic conditions, and the common cold.
7) Rosemary Essential Oil
This essential oil is an effective antiseptic and expectorant, helping to relieve chest congestion and bloating as well as killing bacteria that cause acne and other skin or scalp infections.
8) Lavender Essential Oil
This essential oil can be used both internally and topically in different ways for the treatment of hirsutism. Its calming effect is often applied directly to affected areas of the body. In addition, it can be used as a cooking ingredient or in a bath to induce relaxation.
9) Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass essential oil is traditionally used for treating acne, dandruff, dry skin, and sores. The essential oils are also antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.
10) Black Pepper Essential Oil
Black pepper essential oil is a natural remedy against several skin infections. It works as an effective stimulant of the circulatory system which helps in eradicating toxins and improving blood circulation throughout the body. It also combats exhaustion and relieves fatigue due to its “stimulating” properties.
DIY Recipes For Essential Oils For Hirsutism:
Recipe 1: Hirsutism Oil Mix For Women
- 6 drops of lemongrass essential oil,
- 2 drops of sandalwood essential oil, and
- 1 drop of tea tree essential oil.
- Mix all these oils and fill an empty bottle with 5 to 6 ml (1/4 teaspoon) of distilled water. Put the top on tightly and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
- Make sure you shake frequently throughout the day so that the oils are always mixed together.
- Apply this mixture to all affected areas (pubic area, chest, underarms, and facial hair) daily after cleaning the hair from your skin with baby shampoo or mild soap.
- Remember to massage it gently into your skin for better results.
Recipe 2: Scalp Tonic For Women Suffering From Hirsutism
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil,
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil, and
- 8 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Add all these oils together and mix well with a spoon.
- Put the top on this mixture tightly and shake vigorously for a few seconds. This quantity is enough for one month.
- Apply this scalp tonic to the scalp once every week or two, depending on how fast your hair grows and how fast you want to remove this condition.
- You can add only some or all these oils to your regular shampoo to improve hair quality and make it shiny.
You may also like:
1) How to use essential oils for hirsutism?
The suggested application of essential oils is to apply three to four drops of essential oils in a natural carriers oil like coconut or castor oil. And then massage the application into your skin gently.
2) How to maintain good hygiene?
Good hygiene is important for preventing the spread of germs and infections. For example, using unscented and non-medicated soaps will help prevent infections on your skin. Take a shower at least once a day with mild soap and warm water, especially after workouts.