There are instances when you recognize that some oils are perceived as the same but their composition and effects are different. This case is quite evident when we talk about two rich oils: borage oil and evening primrose oil. Both borage oil and evening primrose oil are similar for some people. But if we discuss it in detail borage oil is quite different from evening primrose oil and their effects on your overall health are also on either side. So today we have our tasks cleared. We will majorly discuss borage oil vs evening primrose oil along with their benefits in the long run.
What Is Borage Oil?
Borage oil as discussed is majorly extracted from the seeds of the Borago Officinalis plant. This plant is indigenous to Europe and the Mediterranean region. The plant is widely used for several purposes majorly in traditional medicines and herbal treatments. Not only this but studies have revealed that borage seed oil is often known as a star flower. This oil is a valuable one and everyone is nuts about its portent GLA profile.
You may also like:
What is GLA? Well, the amount of Gamma linoleic acid in borage oil is very high and it is quite effective for your overall health, skin, and hair in the long run. Apart from this borage oil is also attributed with several health benefits. People usually discuss a borage oil vs evening primrose oil for periods in this context. So today we will go into the details one by one.
Benefits Of Borage Oil
Borage oil has some phenomenal benefits and today we will discuss them along with a clear distinction between borage oil and evening primrose oil.
- Borage oil is great for your skin. If you are dealing with skin issues borage oil comes to the rescue like anything. It not only tackles several skin care concerns but also keeps inflammation redness and other conditions at bay.
- Borage oil is great for people dealing with PMS symptoms. The discomfort that comes before periods including pain, breakouts, acne, tenderness, and pain in the genitals can be reduced using borage oil.
- Borage oil is a great choice for people dealing with hormonal imbalances. If your hormones are imbalanced and you go through out of time balancing it then make sure to include borage oil in your routine in some way or the other. However, make sure to consult your gynecologist before indulging in such cases.
- How can we miss out on the fact that borage oil is a great option to deal with rheumatoid arthritis pain? The rich oil has properties that reduce joint stiffness muscle pain and Arthritis pain to a great extent. You can simply combine borage oil with the massage oil of your choice to combat arthritis pain.
- Borage oil helps to deal with stress anxiety and fatigue. It also keeps the chances of restlessness, chronic fatigue syndrome, and anxiety at bay.
What Is Evening Primrose Oil?
After concluding almost everything about borage oil it is now time to discover the exotic and sister oil of borage oil which is evening Primrose oil. Borage oil versus evening primrose oil for rosacea is a highly debated issue. So the day we will discuss all of it in detail.
Evening primrose oil is an amazing ingredient that has been used as a supplement in various healthcare products for over 100 years. The oil is primarily extracted from the seeds of the evening primrose plant which in botanical terms is referred to as Oenothera Biennis. Evening Primrose Oil usually comes from parts of South America and North America it is majorly grown in other parts of Asia and Europe. Evening primrose oil also has several medicinal uses.
The differentiation of borage oil vs evening Primrose oil relies on the fact of the presence of GLA in them. Yes, you heard it right. Borage oil is rich in GLA which is Gamma Linoleic Acid and has 23% of it. On the other hand evening primrose oil also has a high amount of GLA in it but it is lower as compared to borage oil. Evening primrose oil has 9% GLA and is widely used to treat medicinal skin care and hair care concerns.
Benefits Of Evening Primrose Oil
- Evening primrose oil has been long used to treat PMS symptoms. Well, that’s true. Evening primrose oil not only reduces anxiety mood swings and cramps but also tackles irritability PMS acne and bloating.
- People wonder about using borage oil versus evening primrose oil for labor. While both of them possess amazing properties it is difficult to choose one. Evening primrose oil comes in handy to treat breast pain and other symptoms of menstruation.
- Evening primrose oil is a great choice to enhance your overall skin health. People dealing with skin issues like acne, pimples, pigmentation, breakouts, or blemishes in the chain area can try evening primrose oil for the face. The rich oil has a high content of GLA in it which enhances your overall skin texture and structure. Additionally, evening primrose oil also improves the moisture-locking capacity in your skin and enhances tight skin.
- Evening Primrose oil is also known to diminish the severity of breast pain. A study in 2021 revealed that evening primrose oil is very effective at its work because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Evening Primrose oil has major effects for people dealing with nerve pain. It deals with issues that include tingling sensation frequent weakness and numbness, especially during the colder season.
You may also like:
Both borage oil and evening primrose oil have astounding effects on your overall health. Both the oil do a great job especially when it comes to skincare concerns. Borage oil and Evening Primrose oil for rosacea both are great and can be used without any second thought. However, proper precautions must be taken before using them directly on the skin. For all your essential oils and carrier oil purchases check mokshalifestyle.com