Have you ever noticed bed bugs taking over your bed like their own? They might be infested on your bed to stay a little longer if you do not employ natural ways to get rid of them. You might also know that lavender Essential oil for bed bugs is a popular remedy these days but does it actually work or is it just a myth today in this blog post we will find out everything about Lavender oil and how it helps to repel bed bugs.
Many people use Lavender oil spray for bed bugs which helps a lot and kicks off the presence of bed bugs to a great extent. Why do many people adore the fragrance of lavender Essential oil for its coming and soothing effects bed bugs hate it. The Aroma and taste of lavender Essential oil is a major miss for them and they treat it as a repellent. This is the reason why people rely on using lavender Essential oil as a bug repellent as it repels those pesky crawlers from your home without even employing Harsh chemicals or toxins. Using lavender Essential oil for bed bugs helps to fill your home with soothing and floral fragrance.
How Does Lavender Oil Work For Bed Bugs?
Are you wondering how Lavender oil helps to kill bed bugs effectively Well bed bugs are a very stubborn bunch of sleeves they can be in your space for more than 6 months to a year even if they are not fed anytime soon. Well, that being said some natural remedies help to kill bed bugs effectively one such is lavender Essential oil.
You may also like:
The Lavender oil spray for bed bugs is the best you can try to get rid of them the smell of Lavender oil is very excruciating for bugs and they hate it to the core. This is the reason why using lavender Essential oil can help to kill bed bugs within a few days. The fragrance of lavender Essential oil is more likely to deter the multiplication of bed bugs from your bed to other areas of your home. Bed bugs can also affect your furniture and other home essentials including the kitchen as well. Thankfully using lavender Essential oil for bed bugs is a great option as it is very toxic for them.
How To Use Lavender Essential Oil For Bed Bugs?
There are several natural remedies and treatment options for using Lavender oil for bed bugs but today we list down some of the most effective ones including Lavender oil spray for bed bugs:
Recipe 1 –
- For the first remedy, you can simply pour a few drops of lavender Essential oil into a cotton ball and place it where the bed bugs frequently visit.
- Place it mostly on the corners of your house or your bed or even on your furniture.
- Also, place some cotton balls on areas where bed bugs usually hide.
Recipe 2 – Lavender Oil Spray For Bed Bugs
- For this remedy, you need only to ingredients water and pure lavender Essential oil from the Moksha lifestyle.
- We suggest you dilute lavender Essential oil in a bottle full of water.
- Either way, you can also dilute it in witch hazel water for better results.
- Just for 6 to 7 drops of lavender Essential oil in a spray bottle and close the lid.
- Now shake the bottle well so that everything is mixed.
- Now start spraying this concoction on areas where bed bugs appear.
- Also sprayed on your bed because they are most likely to lay eggs.
- Spirits it in the nearby area in your room including the furniture and clothing section.
- If you can go one extra mile then it will be great to spread on your entire house, especially during the evening time when bed bugs appear.
Recipe 3 – Diffusion
- Another way to repel bed bugs and to use lavender Essential oil to its best you can simply diffuse it.
- If you do not have enough time to make a UN recipe using lavender Essential oil for bed bugs then diffuse it in a diffuser.
- Let the magic begin once it releases Aroma its soothing aroma for human beings and the most stubborn aroma for bed bugs.
Is Lavender Oil Good For Killing Bed Bugs?
Yes, it is lavender Essential oil for bed bugs is a natural remedy that works well. Not only with bed bugs but lavender Essential oil also helps to kick off other pests and mosquitoes that might be irritating you. Using lavender Essential oil spray for bed bugs is the best way to deter stubborn bed bugs. The soothing fragrance of lavender Essential oil is very harmful and toxic for insects, especially bed bugs. So they usually do not appreciate the strong smell and go away from the area where they usually live.
You may also like:
Other Essential Oils For Bed Bugs
There is no doubt in the fact that lavender Essential oil works like a charm to repel bed bugs. But in case you are looking for some other scent that works closely with lavender Essential oil and repels bed bugs effectively then definitely try the ones mentioned below:
1. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus Essential oil for bed bugs is a well-known remedy for ages Eucalyptus Essential Oil contains a potent compound known as eucalyptol which is considered a natural insecticide. Yes, you heard it right Eucalyptus Essential oil is a natural insecticide that is also a very harsh and potent oil that can be deadly for insects, especially bed bugs. It helps to kill the eggs of bed bugs and also repels them from multiplication. However, while using it make sure to keep it away from your skin. You can simply dilute eucalyptus Essential oil with water and try these pre method by spraying need all around your bed and onto the furniture.
2. Tea Tree Essential Oil For Bed Bugs
Did you know that you can also use tea tree Essential oil to kill bed bugs well tea tree oil also suffocates insects including please mosquitoes and bed boxes it is very effective in killing insects again because of the toxic fragrance for insects. Again with tea tree oil you can mix 15 to 20 drops of the oil with water and spread it all over your bed before going to sleep. Not only will it help to kill bed bugs but it will also promote sound sleep.
3. Clove Essential Oil
Quite interesting to know that Clove Essential Oil is very strong in repelling bed bugs. It is widely used by our ancestors and even today in hospitals to bid farewell to bed bugs and their nasty effects. You can also put a few clothes in your room to get a soothing fragrance and to repel bed bugs. Alternatively, you can pour a few drops of clove Essential oil into a cotton ball and place it on your bed or whenever the bed bugs appear.
As mentioned it is important to use essential oils as a natural remedy to get rid of the bad mouse and I doubt lavender Essential oil is the best. Not only does it help to promote sound sleep for people but also deters bed bugs and helps in the elimination of other insects and mosquitoes permanently so if you are key into try lavender Essential oil for bed bugs to get a safe and healthy environment around you then check out mokshalifestyle.com