Edema is the abnormal accumulation of fluid in tissues, which may occur due to congestive heart failure or liver disease. The condition can also result from prolonged standing, as well as certain medications and pregnancy. The symptoms of edema: it is not only the swelling, but also other symptoms, such as heaviness, a tingling or prickly sensation, and tiredness. If edema occurs in one part of the body, then it usually occurs in other body parts too. Edema often causes other medical problems. Edema is a problem that can affect you during your entire life. Chamomile tea, lemon juice, and apple vinegar can help with swelling and leg cramps; cabbage juice helps to improve microcirculation; black radish helps to reduce fluid retention.
You may like this also:
Rest with legs and use essential oils for edema in legs and feet elevated whenever possible. There are a variety of ways to relieve edema symptoms, including wearing compression stockings and elevating the body when laying down to sleep. The most important is lemon oil, which can improve blood circulation and relax the vessels. Basil oil is good to relieve muscle pains; thyme oil can help you to avoid the formation of varicose veins; lavender helps with cough and fever; rosemary oil protects against infection. However, if you’re looking for a quicker fix, try rubbing some essential oils for edema on your feet!
Essential Oils For Edema On Legs And Feet
1. Lemon Essential Oil
This essential oil for edema in legs and feet gives a deep penetrating effect on the cells and tissues. Lemon Essential Oil also has a very positive influence on the lymphatic system and helps to increase blood circulation.
2. Basil Essential Oil
Basil Essential Oil for pain relief from edema, which reduces inflammation, stimulates the nervous system, and improves blood circulation. The scent reduces tension in muscles and eases pain.
3. Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme Essential Oil stimulates blood circulation and facilitates the removal of toxins from the body (thymol). The relaxing effect, antiseptic for cuts, and punctures; stimulates concentration, memory, and speech functions; helps with headaches.
4. Lavender Essential Oil
It has a soothing effect on nerve endings promotes the healing of any wounds or burns, and accelerates the growth of new skin cells. Lavender Essential Oil removes swelling and reduces pain.
5. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary Essential Oil helps to stimulate and regenerate tissues and improves blood circulation and cell regeneration. It also has a calming effect on the nervous system.
6. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil aids the release of neurotransmitters that decrease pain and relax muscle tension. Breathe in the scent to relieve nasal congestion and breathing problems (sinusitis), keep headaches away, and stimulates brain activity.
7. Jasmine Essential Oil
Reduces inflammation of lymph nodes, and has a soothing effect on the respiratory tract. Jasmine Essential Oil helps to promote the healing of wounds and burns. The scent releases tension is good for migraines and headaches and helps to relieve stress.
8. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eliminates odors from the body, and inhibits the process of bacterial growth in wounds. Eucalyptus Essential Oil has a stimulating effect on blood circulation and reduces inflammation (cineole). Is a remedy for headaches, dizziness, and other diseases of the nervous system (migraines, etc.).
9. Tea Tree Essential Oil
It has an analgesic effect and is therefore good for muscle aches or joint pains. Tea Tree Essential Oil also has antiseptic properties that help to fight fungal infections of the skin. Promotes healing of wounds, burns, and cuts.
DIY Recipes Of Essential Oils For The Treatment Of Edema
- Mix 3 drops of chamomile oil with 1 tablespoon of cold-pressed castor oil.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area.
- Repeat 2-3 times per day.
- Mix 3 drops of thyme oil
- 4 drops of tea tree oil
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil (cold-pressed)
- Essential oils for ankle edema and apply on affected areas.
- Apply this mixture before going to bed.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of fresh apple cider with 20 drops of lemon oil
- Apply on affected areas.
- Do not wash within 8 hours after applying these essential oils for the treatment of edema (the effect will last longer).
Benefits Of Using Essential Oils For Edema
1) They are cheap. Essential oils for edema in legs and feet are hundreds of times cheaper than prescription drugs, costing pennies compared to the sticker prices you will pay for pharmaceuticals.
2) They have no side effects. You can apply essential oils for ankle edema to the skin without any risks of allergic reactions, the way you would with prescription medications.
3) They are nontoxic and can be used by everyone, even children and pregnant women.
4) Using aromatherapy is a healthy activity that stimulates your body and mind.
5) Essential oils for edema after surgery will strengthen your immune system as well as your nervous system; this ability is called “homeostasis”.
6) They are effective against depression and anxiety.
7) The essential oils for edema in feet, can be used to treat pain, especially in arthritic conditions.
8) They will help with sleeping disorders and insomnia.
9) They are neurostimulation agents that can prevent epileptic seizures and convulsions.
10) You will feel calmer and more bouncy if you are depressed or have low energy levels due to nervousness, stress, or low blood circulation.
11) Essential oils for edema in feet are a good idea to use if you experience breathlessness, fatigue, palpitations, or dizziness while driving.
You may like this also:
The Following Essential Oils For Edema Can Be Mixed In Any Quantity You Want To Decrease The Symptoms:
- Lavender Oil- use lavender essential oils for edema after surgery in a tablespoon of vegetable oil and apply it to the area.
- Peppermint Oil- mix 10 drops of peppermint oil with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and apply on the affected areas, daily for 3–4 weeks. If you want to increase, use peppermint oil instead of vegetable oils.
- Thyme Oil & Basil Oil- a mixture of thyme and basil essential oils is one of the most common pain-relieving recipes, whose main ingredient is 1/2 teaspoon of each of these two essential oils.
- Lemon Oil- use lemon essential oil in a tablespoon of vegetable oil, mix them and apply on the affected area.
- Eucalyptus Oil- mix eucalyptus essential oil with a tablespoon of vegetable oil (cold pressed), and apply to the areas.
- Tea Tree Oil- mix 5 drops of tea tree essential oil with 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and apply on the affected area.
1) How to treat edema in the legs and swollen ankles?
Mix 10 drops of rosemary oil and 10 drops of cypress oil in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and apply on the swollen areas. Repeat at least 2 times every day. For fingers and arms, mix 15 drops of helichrysum essential oils and 5 drops of carrot seed essential oils in 4 tablespoons of almond oil. Apply on the affected areas. Repeat 2 times per day for 3 weeks. You can also mix 15 drops each of geranium and helichrysum oils and apply them on cotton pads and then put the cotton pads over the affected areas for 20 minutes.
2) What are the causes of edema?
1. Internal causes of edema:
• Liver problems – insufficient protein synthesis and deficient urea synthesis;
• Kidney diseases – damage to the kidney resulting in water retention.
2. External causes of edema:
• Presence of excess fluid in the liver, intestines, heart, lungs, and brain.
• Presence of gases in the intestines;
• Inadequate circulation due to inadequate blood flow.
• Insufficient venous return (blood returning from lower extremities).